Find a roofer in Manahawkin, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Manahawkin, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Manahawkin
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Manahawkin, NJ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Manahawkin, NJ. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.