Find a roofer in Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Lyndhurst
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.