Find a roofer in Long Branch, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Long Branch, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Long Branch
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Long Branch, NJ
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Long Branch, NJ. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.