Find a roofer in Livingston, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Livingston, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Livingston
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Livingston, NJ. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Livingston, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Livingston, NJ. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.