Find a roofer in Livingston, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Livingston, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Livingston
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Livingston, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Livingston, NJ. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Livingston, NJ. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.