Find a roofer in Leonardo, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Leonardo, New Jersey. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Leonardo, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Leonardo
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Leonardo, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Leonardo, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Leonardo, New Jersey. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.