Find a roofer in Lambertville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lambertville, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Lambertville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lambertville, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Lambertville, NJ. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.