Find a roofer in Lakehurst, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lakehurst, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Lakehurst
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lakehurst, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Lakehurst, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Lakehurst, NJ. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.