Find a roofer in Kenilworth, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kenilworth, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Kenilworth
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Kenilworth, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Kenilworth, New Jersey. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.