Find a roofer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Jersey City
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Jersey City, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Jersey City, NJ. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Jersey City, NJ. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.