Find a roofer in Island Heights, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Island Heights, NJ. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Island Heights, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Island Heights
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Island Heights, NJ
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Island Heights, NJ. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Island Heights, NJ. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.