Find a roofer in Irvington, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Irvington, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Irvington
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Irvington, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Irvington, NJ. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Irvington, NJ. Get the roofing services you need for your property today.