Find a roofer in Hopatcong, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Hopatcong, New Jersey. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Hopatcong, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Hopatcong
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Hopatcong, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Hopatcong, New Jersey. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.