Find a roofer in Highland Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Highland Park
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best season for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Highland Park, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Highland Park, New Jersey. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Highland Park, New Jersey. Find the right contractor for your home today.