Find a roofer in Highland Lakes, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Highland Lakes, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Highland Lakes
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Highland Lakes, New Jersey. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to book a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers generally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected rate for roof maintenance services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Highland Lakes, New Jersey
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Highland Lakes, New Jersey, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.