Find a roofer in Highland Lakes, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Highland Lakes
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Highland Lakes, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Highland Lakes, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.