Find a roofer in Helmetta, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Helmetta, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Helmetta
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Helmetta, New Jersey
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Helmetta, New Jersey, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.