Find a roofer in Hazlet, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Hazlet, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hazlet, NJ. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.