Find a roofer in Haworth, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Haworth, NJ. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Haworth, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Haworth
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Haworth, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Haworth, NJ. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.