Find a roofer in Haddon Heights, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Haddon Heights, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Haddon Heights
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Haddon Heights, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Haddon Heights, New Jersey. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.