Find a roofer in Glen Rock, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Glen Rock, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Glen Rock
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
What is the right time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much can it cost to maintain a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Glen Rock, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Glen Rock, NJ. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.