Find a roofer in Glassboro, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Glassboro
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Glassboro, NJ. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Glassboro, NJ
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Glassboro, NJ, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.