Find a roofer in Franklin, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Franklin, New Jersey. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Franklin, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Franklin
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Franklin, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Franklin, New Jersey. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.