Find a roofer in Franklin Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Franklin Park, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Franklin Park
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Franklin Park, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Franklin Park, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.