Find a roofer in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Franklin Lakes, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Franklin Lakes
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.