Find a roofer in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Franklin Lakes
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Franklin Lakes, NJ
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Franklin Lakes, NJ, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.