Find a roofer in Florham Park, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Florham Park, NJ. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Florham Park, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Florham Park
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Florham Park, NJ
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Florham Park, NJ. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.