Find a roofer in Flemington, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Flemington, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Flemington
Roofing Maintenance Services in Flemington, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Flemington, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.