Find a roofer in Farmingdale, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Farmingdale, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Farmingdale
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Farmingdale, NJ
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Farmingdale, NJ, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.