Find a roofer in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Fair Lawn, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Fair Lawn
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Fair Lawn, NJ
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Fair Lawn, NJ. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fair Lawn, NJ. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.