Find a roofer in Edison, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Edison, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Edison
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect time for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Edison, NJ
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Edison, NJ. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.