Find a roofer in Edison, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Edison
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Edison, New Jersey. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Edison, New Jersey
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Edison, New Jersey, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.