Find a roofer in Clifton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Clifton
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which point should I think about getting an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much will a roofing specialist charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to fix the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the ideal time for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Clifton, New Jersey
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Clifton, New Jersey. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.