Find a roofer in Cedarville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Cedarville, NJ
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Cedarville, NJ, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.