Find a roofer in Cedar Brook, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cedar Brook, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Cedar Brook
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Cedar Brook, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Cedar Brook, New Jersey. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.