Find a roofer in Buena, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Buena, New Jersey. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Buena, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Buena, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.