Find a roofer in Boonton, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Boonton, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Boonton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Boonton, NJ
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Boonton, NJ, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Boonton, NJ. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.