Find a roofer in Blackwood, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Blackwood, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Blackwood
Roofing Maintenance Services in Blackwood, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Blackwood, New Jersey. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.