Find a roofer in Bernardsville, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bernardsville, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Bernardsville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bernardsville, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Bernardsville, New Jersey. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.