Find a roofer in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Berkeley Heights, NJ. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Berkeley Heights, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Berkeley Heights
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Berkeley Heights, NJ
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Berkeley Heights, NJ. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.