Find a roofer in Bellmawr, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bellmawr, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Bellmawr
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bellmawr, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Bellmawr, NJ. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.