Find a roofer in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Basking Ridge, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Basking Ridge
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Basking Ridge, NJ
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Basking Ridge, NJ. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.