Find a roofer in Avalon, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Avalon, New Jersey
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Avalon, New Jersey, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.