Find a roofer in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Atlantic Highlands
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what stage should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When during the year is ideal for a roof job?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.