Find a roofer in Atco, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Atco, New Jersey. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Atco, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Atco
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Atco, New Jersey
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Atco, New Jersey, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.