Find a roofer in Annandale, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Annandale, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Annandale
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs affiliated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Annandale, NJ
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Annandale, NJ. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.