Find a roofer in Annandale, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // New Jersey // Annandale
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is ideal for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can call a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common cost per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Annandale, NJ
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Annandale, NJ. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.