Find a roofer in Andover, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Andover, New JerseyRoofing // New Jersey // Andover
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I schedule services with a roofer?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take to restore a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Andover, New Jersey
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Andover, New Jersey. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Andover, New Jersey. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.