Find a roofer in Andover, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Andover, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Andover
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Andover, NJ
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Andover, NJ. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Andover, NJ. Find the right contractor for your home today.