Find a roofer in Allendale, New Jersey
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Allendale, New Jersey. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Allendale, New JerseyHome // New Jersey // Allendale
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Allendale, New Jersey
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Allendale, New Jersey. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.